I know I'm a bit behind on casting news and such, so here's an overview of what happened this week.
From the Hollywood Reporter:
- FOX has ordered two additional scripts for "Human Target". The show's second season kicks off November 17, and has been moved to Wednesdays for the new season.
- Jeremy Davies ("Lost") has been added to the cast of FX' "Justified". The actor is set to play the heavily recurring part of Dickie Bennet, a new nemesis of U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant). For more info on his role, head to the original THR article.
- Michelle Trachtenberg ("Buffy The Vampire Slayer", "Gossip Girl", "Mercy") has teamed up with "Gossip Girl" and "Chuck" creator Josh Schwartz for a new crime drama at The CW.
Trachtenberg has sold a story about a young criminalist with specials skills in profiling and a dark past. She is set to star and produce, with Stuart Zicherman being hired as a writer and exec producer.
From EW's Michael Ausiello:
- Chris Klein ("American Pie") has joined the cast of "The Good Guys" for one episode, playing George, the former partner of Jack (Colin Hanks).
- After appearing in next week's Halloween-themed episode of "Chuck", Robert Englund ("A Nightmare On Elm Street") will also stop by The CW's "Supernatural" on December 10, playing Dr. Robert, the man who patches up the hunters if they get hurt doing what they usually do.
- Gilles Marini ("Brothers & Sisters") will guest star on USA's "Royal Pains". In the second season finale, he will play Niko, a dance instructor who is teaching Divya and Raj the tango in the days before their wedding. The second half of season two of "Royal Pains" starts January 20.
- David Morse and India Ennenga have both been promoted to series regulars for the second season of HBO's "Treme".
- Cynthia Watros ("Lost") has joined the cast of "Desperate Housewives" for the season's ninth episode. She will play a crazy friend of Bree's (Marcia Cross), who goes on a double date with Bree and Keith (Brian Austin Green) and his dad (John Schneider).
- Claire Van Der Boom ("The Pacific") has come aboard "Hawaii Five-O" to play Danno's (Scott Caan) ex-wife and mother of their daughter, Grace. She will appear during November sweeps.
From TV Guide:
- Debra Winger has landed a guest stint on HBO's "In Treatment". She will play a former stage diva who is now making a comeback after years away from all that glitters.
- Christopher Lloyd ("Back To The Future") will be guest starring on "Fringe" early next year, playing Walter's (John Noble) musical hero from the past.
- Mido Hamada ("24") has been cast in FOX' upcoming prehistoric drama "Terra Nova". He play Guzman, a security head serving as an advisor to Frank Taylor (Stephen Lang), the first settler of Terra Nova.
- ABC has shortened the second season of "V" from 13 to 10 episodes, since with two pre-emptions next year, the show will have only 10 weeks before "Dancing With The Stars" returns on March 29.